Newbie: General Complile Issues

From: Dan Am <sendmail_at_lonx.net>
Date: 2003-11-18 02:19:14
Hi,
sorry to to bother the gurus with mere admin view questions. I got hold of a
zx6000 with RHAS 2.1, got the book and I am taking her out for a spin, so to
speak.
Here goes:

1. Which is the "correct" source ? Kernel Org or bkbits ?
2. Will the 2.6-test1 that I am using (compiling now with gcc3.1 from hpl) not
run ?
3. There is talk of "Mosberger Patches" : Are those required ?  Where can they
    be found ?

Thanks a million for bothering. Of course, if there is a FAQ on those q's, or
a better list, I'd be reading that. Grateful for a pointer in that case.

Best regards
Dan