pages already locked on ia64

From: Christian Hinkelbein <hinkelbein_at_ti.uni-mannheim.de>
Date: 2003-11-14 21:22:23
Hi,
i have the need to lock malloc'ed user mem between
kernel calls.

On ia32 i succesfully do a lock_page() on every
page returned by get_user_pages(), lateron i do
unlock_page().
On ia64 sometimes (on ia32 seemingly never) the first
page is already locked, just after malloc().
For a quick hack i check all pages before trying to
lock them, so that i am later just unlocking the
not previously locked ones.

I am quite shure that my approach is totally ill.
Could someone point me to some piece of information that
helps me get cured?

  christian