RE: discontig patch question

From: Seth, Rohit <rohit.seth_at_intel.com>
Date: 2003-11-11 07:20:43
In my opinion since the other zone build functions depend on (1UL <<
MAX_ORDER -1) for forcing the zone alignment, so the same should be used
here in ORDERSDOWN also.  If that seems too aggressive for any reason
then you should change the ORDERROUNDDOWN minimally to have (PAGE_SIZE
<< (MAX_ORDER -1)).  That should align the modules at 4G boundary for
16K PAGE_SIZE.

Hugetlb needs certain order (of NORMAL_PAGE_SIZE)of contiguous pages to
be available for allocation.  The start of this allocation needs to be
at least HUGE_PAGE_SIZE_ALIGNED.  And I think that part is guaranteed by
buddy page_allocator(while allocating a certain order of pages).

rohit