Re: binutils 2.14.90.7 DV warnings

From: H. J. Lu <hjl_at_lucon.org>
Date: 2003-11-06 05:57:25
On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 09:20:20AM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> I just tried out the latest versions of gcc (3.3.2) and binutils
> (2.14.90.7) to see if the dependency violation stuff had been fixed
> since I saw that the bintutils changelog mentioned it, but unfortunately
> I still see some warnings (though I _think_ there are fewer than
> before).  I've attached the kernel config I used to build
> linux-2.6.0-test9-mm2, but it should also work with David or Linus's BK
> trees.

There are still a few false warnings on kernel assembly codes. I tried
some of them on Intel IPF assembler and IAS didn't warn them at all
even if DV does exist. I looked at the assembler source. It cann't
be fixed without changing DV check infrastructure. I will look into
them when I find time.

H.J.