percpu data for non-existant cpus

From: Jack Steiner <steiner_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2003-11-04 11:55:24
It was neccessary in 2.4 to allocate cpu_data areas for
non-existent cpus. I forget where, but some generic
initialization code expected to be able to reference cpu_data
for all cpus up to NR_CPUS.

Does 2.6 have the same requirement or can I allocate cpu_data
areas only for cpus that exist or might exist (cpu_possible()).

--
Thanks

Jack Steiner (steiner@sgi.com)          651-683-5302
Principal Engineer                      SGI - Silicon Graphics, Inc.