anyone caring about ipchains?

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-10-25 09:04:40
I noticed that ipchains isn't terribly stable in 2.6.0-test8.  For me,
it caused a kernel hang after masquerading a client doing some web
surfing.  Actually, it never was terribly good even on 2.4.21 as it
would cause periodic stalls (not quite as bad as the 2.6 behavior, but
still not great).  iptables on the other hand seems to work quite
well.  Does anyone still care about ipchains or should we just declare
it dead technology?