[RFC] Endianness and signals

From: R. Lake <rich_at_lakes.plus.com>
Date: 2003-10-21 09:42:09
Further to my study of IA64 architecture, and to an extent the linux kernel,
I wonder if the gate page ought to default to little endian upon issue of a
signal. i.e. "rum 2" prior to any loads/stores? It would seem to me that in
the current state, if the process were preempted immediately after a memory
access (fundamentally) in big-endian mode the signal context would likely
execute in the wrong endianness and fail.  - It's my understanding that the
user mask is preserved in the context switch.

Regards,
Richard.