Re: [BUG, RFC] do_gettimeofday going backwards

From: Jes Sorensen <jes_at_trained-monkey.org>
Date: 2003-10-18 01:23:39
>>>>> "David" == David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com> writes:

David> Then your time-interpolator is broken.  As I have expained on
David> previous occasions (in particular in a mail to Jes),
David> last_nsec_offset must not be _cleared_ on a timer-tick.
David> Instead, it needs to be decremented by the timer tick period.
David> So in your case, last_nsec_offset would decrease from 1099000
David> to 99000.

Thats how my implementation works for 2.4 as well, however according
to what I have heard they are still seeing problems with it going
backwards, just not as frequently as before.

Cheers,
Jes