Re: GENERIC still failing?

From: Ian Wienand <ianw_at_gelato.unsw.edu.au>
Date: 2003-10-16 09:14:26
On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 12:24:30PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> Which *config tool are you using?  make config/oldconfig/defconfig have
> a bug which Roman hasn't got round to pushing upstream yet.
>
> This whitespace-damaged diff shows what needs to be fixed:

Thanks but that patch didn't seem to make any difference; a make
config seems to work as expected.

I'm using menuconfig; the problems I see appear two fold.

Firstly, I would have expected that when I selected 'Help' on, say,

IA-64 system type (generic)  --->

I would get the help text that says something like what is actually
assocated with the IA64_GENERIC option.  This seems to be an ordering
decision in the ia64 Kconfig file.

But, as that help text is associated with IA64_GENERIC, I would have
expected as I when I was in the choice and selected help for

 (X) generic

I would have got that big spiel

"This selects the system type of your hardware.  A "generic" kernel
..."

If I use make config, when I select '1?' in the IA-64 system type
choice, I receive the help text associated with it.  But with make
config, I can't see a way to get help for the choice overall.

-i
ianw@gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au