Re: IA64 ino_t incorrectly sized?

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-10-16 02:59:54

  Andrew> David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

  >>  NFS is nastier (ugly multiplexed syscalls...).

  Andrew> Well I think that whole interface is deprecated anyway and
  Andrew> the new nfsutils doesn't use it - it uses exportfs instead.

  Andrew> You'd need to check with Neil, but if I'm right you could
  Andrew> just say "use current nfsutils on ia64".

Ugh, looks like there may be some problems with exportfs itself?
I see:

static struct dentry *get_object(struct super_block *sb, void *vobjp)
{
	__u32 *objp = vobjp;
	unsigned long ino = objp[0];
	__u32 generation = objp[1];

	return export_iget(sb, ino, generation);
}

So it looks to me like exportfs supports only 32-bit ino_t?

(Neil, to give you some background: we'd like to change ino_t on ia64
from 32 to 64 bits and found that the only potential ABI issue is due
to NFS; "struct nfsctl_export" is definitely an issue, but perhaps we
can live with that.  I'm less certain about any issues exportfs might
have.)