Re: GENERIC still failing?

From: Ian Wienand <ianw_at_gelato.unsw.edu.au>
Date: 2003-10-15 12:15:48
On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 05:22:05PM -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Looks like CONFIG_NUMA and CONFIG_DISCONTIGMEM are missing from the
> config being built.  A generic kernel won't work without them.

mea culpa, as usual. Is there some way to make it when you select
generic it always requires CONFIG_NUMA/DISCONTIGMEM?

Also, trying to look at the help text, it seems that the sub-items of
a 'choice' in Kconfig can't have individual help texts?

For example

choice
	prompt "IA-64 processor type"
	---help---
	 this will show when you select help on 'IA-64 processor type'
config ITANIUM
	bool "Itanium"
	---help---
	 this text appears not to show when you select help on 'Itanium'
	 in the choice.
endchoice

I'm not sure if this is the desired effect, but certainly some of the
help texts appear mis-placed under an option of the choice rather than
at the choice it's self (see attached for example).

-i
ianw@gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au