Re: current bk goes BUG on ia64 when dumping core

From: Andrew Morton <akpm_at_osdl.org>
Date: 2003-10-06 22:34:56
Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com> wrote:

> > When running the latest LTP code, it dies in the new coredump code.
>
> This is what I predicted when I sent the second ia64 version of the patch.
> Please refer to that message for complete testing instructions to verify
> the core format is correct (assuming it doesn't crash any more with the new
> patch).  I've made another cosmetic change to avoid using "vsyscall" in
> variable names, and here is that version of the patch relative to the
> current 2.6 tree.

OK, thanks.

Now, Linus is trying to get a good 2.6.0-test7 out the door early this week
and it's not helpful that ia64 goes BUG every time it wants to dump core!

I am in Tokyo and am not able to test your patch.  Could someone please
apply Roland's patch to current -bk, then run Linux Test Project (it BUGged
in two seconds for me) and then send the patch to Linus fairly promptly?

Thanks.