Re: [Lse-tech] CPUSET Proposal

From: William Lee Irwin III <wli_at_holomorphy.com>
Date: 2003-09-25 17:08:39
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:02:34 -0700, William Lee Irwin III <wli@holomorphy.com> said:
Bill> Custom interrupt controllers may exceed these limits, but I don't know
Bill> of any that have actually been made use of to do so. Though it sucks
Bill> and very, very badly, x86 is not limited to anything like 8x.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 11:57:10PM -0700, David Mosberger wrote:
> I wasn't suggesting that x86 is limited to 8-way, I was wondering how
> many > 8-way x86 Linux machines are actually out there.  I wasn't even
> being facetious---just curious.

I am not able to get any kind of useful numerical estimate of how mahy
machines of that kind are manufactured or sold. I suspect the numbers
are meaningful to and kept secret by someone, e.g. marketing ppl. Not to
say that I've tried very hard.

-- wli