Re: [Lse-tech] Re: CPUSET Proposal

From: Paul Jackson <pj_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2003-09-25 16:38:04
> Well, the thing is, CKRM essentially has the cross-resource bits and
> makes up some group that can be joined and departed from and inherited
> and so on with all the right knobs ...

The hierarchies don't correspond, or do so only accidentally.

That is, cpusets, as proposed, have a hierarchy such that one
cpuset is the child of another if one cpuset describes a subset
of another's CPUs.

At first blush, I don't see a hierarchy of CKRM Classes, rather
just a flat space, say Gold, Silver and Bronze.

  "When all you have is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail"

--
                          I won't rest till it's the best ...
                          Programmer, Linux Scalability