Re: [Lse-tech] Re: CPUSET Proposal

From: Hanna Linder <hannal_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: 2003-09-25 08:26:41
--On Wednesday, September 24, 2003 03:06:08 PM -0700 David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> Simon,
>
> Could you please make it VERY clear that the system call numbers the
> patch is using are NOT OFFICIAL numbers and are therefore likely to
> change and/or collide unless and until they get accepted into the
> official tree?
>
> BTW: What do cpusets provide that couldn't be done with user-level
> tools on top of the existing sched_setaffinity() system call?
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	--david

Blatent plug for the group call:

We have time at the next conference call (Oct 1, 2pm PDT, GMT -0700)
to discuss this if you all can make it and are interested. The only
other topic on the agenda is "real time application latency when the
system is stressed" from Mark Gross at Intel.

Simon/Sylvain, let me know if one or both of you would be interested in
calling in to give a brief overview and answer questions of this proposal.
No need for slides or anything, it is a very informal group. If you are
outside the US I can arrange a toll-free number.

Hanna