Re: NS83820 2.6.0-test5 driver seems unstable on IA64

From: David S. Miller <davem_at_redhat.com>
Date: 2003-09-24 09:35:32
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:04:12 +1000
Ian Wienand <ianw@gelato.unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> Just as a point of interest, as an application programmer I think it's
> the type of thing you want to know about quite loudly.

Sure, and I agree that you should have the choice to see
these messages at the verbosity you desire, and ia64 has
the capability to control things in this way.

What I disagree with is spitting out log messages about such things
happening in the kernel.  Because that is remotely triggerable.  As
Alan mentioned, if I can send packets to your ia64 box I can make it
spew system log messages.