Re: NS83820 2.6.0-test5 driver seems unstable on IA64

From: Benjamin LaHaise <bcrl_at_kvack.org>
Date: 2003-09-24 04:29:25
On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 11:21:35AM -0700, Luck, Tony wrote:
> Looking at a couple of ia64 build servers here I see zero unaligned
> access messages in the logs.

ip options can still be an odd number of bytes.  Having itanic spew bogus
log messages is just plain wrong (yet another hardware issue pushed off on
software for no significant gain).

		-ben
--
"The software industry today survives only through an unstated agreement
not to stir things up too much.  We must hope this lawsuit [by SCO] isn't