RE: NS83820 2.6.0-test5 driver seems unstable on IA64

From: Van Maren, Kevin <kevin.vanmaren_at_unisys.com>
Date: 2003-09-24 03:58:59
> > The printk() is rate-controlled and doesn't happen for every unaligned
> > access.  It's average cost can be made as low as we want to, by adjusting
> > the rate.
>
> But if the event is normal, you shouldn't be logging it as if
> it weren't.

That's my view on the fpswa printk's (handle_fpu_swa): they are normal,
expected, and there is absolutely nothing that can be done about them --
so why print a "warning" about them (even if it is only 5 per second)?
If nothing else, toggle the meaning for IA64_THREAD_FPEMU_NOPRINT: turn it
ON for special apps.

Rate-limited unaligned loads in user space make a lot more sense, since
they _may_ point out issues in the code.

Kevin