Re: [HELP] latest discontig

From: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2003-09-23 07:04:46
On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 02:01:03PM -0700, David Mosberger wrote:

>   >> I'm sorry, but until some of these criteria are met, there is no
>   >> way I'm going to apply this patch.  As for the breakage: as far
>   >> as I can see, the patch moves the bootmem initialization back to
>   >> the old place, which means that drivers/acpi/tables.c will fail
>   >> to allocate memory for the SDT again.
>
>   Jesse> Len Brown already took the change to fix tables.c.
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something, but I see this in Linus' tree:
>
> Age      Author    Rev  Comments
>  7 weeks len.brown 1.15 match 2.4 -- more info in RSDT, nix some build warnings
> 11 weeks agrover   1.14 ACPI: Dynamically allocate SDT list (suggested by Andi Kleen)
>
> No SDT fixes are far as I can see.

See
http://linux-acpi.bkbits.net:8080/linux-acpi-test-2.6.0/cset@1.1323.1.3?nav=index.html|ChangeSet@-4d.
It'll be part of Len's next push.  Sorry I should have kept that in the
patch so as not to confuse people.  I've been working hard to get all of
the non-ia64 specific code out into Linus' tree already, including some
bootmem allocator fixes and such, this one just took a little longer
because Andy stepped down as maintainer at around the same time I sent
my (trivial) patch out to fix this.

Btw, which piece(s) of the patch would you like first?  Is seperating
the contig and discontig functions into seperate files worthwhile?  I
can comment things a bit more too while I'm at it...

Thanks,
Jesse