Re: QLogic drivers in 2.4

From: Martin K. Petersen <mkp_at_mkp.net>
Date: 2003-09-20 04:21:53
>>>>> "Bjorn" == Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@hp.com> writes:

Jes actively maintains the qla1280 driver.  If he hasn't pushed the
latest bits to Marcelo yet, he should (hint!).

Bjorn> It looks like at least the ql2xxx stuff is (a) not in the 2.5
Bjorn> tree, and (b) not in Red Hat kernels.

The qla2xxx driver hasn't been submitted to Marcelo.  For this reason
Red Hat puts it in drivers/addon and not drivers/scsi.

I think the qla1280 is important enough (core SCSI on several boxes)
that you should keep it around until it's synced with Marcelo.

But in general I agree with the principle of not having generic
drivers in the IA-64 patch.

--
Martin K. Petersen	Wild Open Source, Inc.
mkp_at_wildopensource.com	http://www.wildopensource.com/