Re: milstone reached: ia64 linux builds out of Linus' tree

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-09-10 11:57:36

  Ian> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 10:07:51AM +1000, Ian Wienand wrote:

  >> We're still working on automated testing (i.e. booting on the
  >> simulator, maybe real hardware).

  Ian> For those who are interested, we now attempt to boot the autobuilt
  Ian> kernels on the simulator daily.  See

  Ian> http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/kerncomp/simboot.php

Very nice! (The test setup & web-page, not the fact that the boot
failed... ;-).

As for perfmon under Ski: the latest perfmon should have the necessary
code, but I don't remember whether it made it into test5 already (and
I don't have CONFIG_PERFMON enabled in my Ski setup).  If it's not
there already, it should be there tomorrow, as Linus pulled on the
ia64 repository a couple of hours ago.