Re: perfmon1 fix for 2.4

From: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-09-05 01:26:16
On Wednesday 03 September 2003 3:26 pm, Stephane Eranian wrote:
> Bjorn,
>
> Please apply this patch to perfmon1 in your 2.4 kernel.
>
> Changelog:
>
> - fixes a problem with the rum/sum instructions being inoperative even at priv level zero
>   when psr.sp=0. Switching to ssm/rsm fixes the potential problem.

I applied this, thanks.

General note to everybody: When sending patches, it makes my life easier
if they apply with "patch -p1" and if you copy the linux-ia64 list.

And though it doesn't apply in this case because 2.5 has perfmon2, it
never hurts to diff the files you touch with the corresponding files
in linux-2.5.  (I do that routinely, and if your patch introduces
spurious whitespace differences, I have to clean them up by hand.)

Bjorn