Re: [patch] platform hook for timer_interrupt()

From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-09-04 03:33:27
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 10:42, Martin Hicks wrote:
> Hello,
>
> SGI has a need to run platform specific code during the timer interrupt.
> Attached are patches for both 2.4 and 2.6 that add a hook inside the
> timer interrupt that will run platform specific code if required.
>
> Any opinions on this?

   Can't say that I'm fond of increasing the number of runtime platform
hooks.  Is there a need for this to be changed runtime?  If not, you
could make it a real machvec so it will get compiled out for
non-generic, non-sn2 kernel targets.  A platform hook in time_init() and
an sn2 wrapper around timer_interrupt() might do the job too.

	Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Linux & Open Source Lab