Re: 2.4.21+ Patch for non-identity mapped kernel (SGI SN)

From: Keith Owens <kaos_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2003-08-28 20:26:29
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:18:51 -0600,
Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@hp.com> wrote:
>On Monday 18 August 2003 11:46 am, Jack Steiner wrote:
>> The changes add support for non-identity mapped kernels. This patch
>> does NOT change the kernel load address - it just adds support for the
>> case where it was loaded into non-identity mapped memory.
>
>I applied this, thanks.

Jack, did you send any 2.4 patches to make MCA/INIT handling work with
non-identity mapped kernels?  If not, I will pull the SGI code and send
it to the list.  Note: the 2.4 SGI code bears little resemblance to the
2.6 LOAD_PHYSICAL() code from Tony Luck, IMHO the 2.6 changes are too
messy to backport.  Unless Tony wants to do that backport ...