Re: [patch] turn off CONFIG_FD on ia64?

From: Grant Grundler <iod00d_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-08-26 03:05:32
On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:21:03AM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Anyway, we should test explicitly for configurations supported by
> floppy.c.

yes - agreed

> So far this would be:
>
> CONFIG_ISA
> CONFIG_M68K
> CONFIG_SPARC
>
> any more?

CONFIG_GSC_LASI and CONFIG_SUPERIO in drivers/parisc/Kconfig.
Search for "Floppy" in  drivers/parisc/lasi.c and superio.c

Because of an on-going lawsuit, HP was not able to publish documentation
for LASI floppy controller (or it's bugs). We only have one cheesy
document for the NS87560UBD chip.

I don't recall any work was completed to enable floppy under those
chips but someone might want to take another whack at it in the future.

grant