Re: ia64 2.6.0-test3 crashes on IOZone

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-08-19 06:52:19

  Evan> I compiled the kernel with the debian unstable gcc 3.2:
  Evan> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/ia64-linux/3.2.3/specs

OK.  While I don't use this compiler myself, it should be OK.

  Evan> if it matters this was a bk pull from linus's tree that claimed to be
  Evan> 2.6.0-test3...

That should be OK.  I did release an ia64-specific patch in the
meantime.  I don't really expect it to make a difference for you
problem, though (you might want to try it just to be on the safe
side).

  Evan> also is there any reason i did not get more of the stack trace
  Evan> from the kernel?

It might indicate stack corruption.  Which brings me to the next
question: what filesystem were you using?  I used ext3.