Conversion between different types on IA-64

From: CH Gowri Kumar <gkumar_at_csa.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: 2003-07-30 07:42:57
Hi all,
Can anyone point me to a source of how to convert from a
wider size to narrow size (long to int, int to char etc.) on IA-64?

For the other way round(narrow to wider), I could find SXT(sign extend)
and ZXT(zero extend) instructions.

gcc seems(but not sure) to be storing the original value and loading it
using the appropriate LD* instruction.

I am sorry if it's a too trivial question to be asked on this list.

Regards,
Gowri Kumar