Re: elilo option to disable perfmon

From: Alex Williamson <alex_williamson_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-07-22 00:27:52
"Zhu, Yi" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any option to disable perfmon from elilo? I ask this question because when I
> boot my tiger4 at loading ramdisk, it begins to infinite loop with message,
>
> perfmon: Spurious PMU overflow interrupt on CPU1: pmc0=0x0
> owner=0000000000000000
> perfmon: Spurious PMU overflow interrupt on CPU2: pmc0=0x0
> owner=0000000000000000

   I remember seeing this kind of error when playing with using
PAL_HALT_LIGHT in the cpu_idle loop.  Newer PAL solved the
problem.  If you have CONFIG_IA64_PAL_IDLE turned on in your
config file, you either need to upgrade to new firmware (not
sure what rev to recommend on a tiger box) or disable the config
option and rebuild a kernel.  Try for PAL 7.40 or better.
Thanks,

	Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Linux & Open Source Lab