Re: Reliably creating MCA on white box Itanium-1

From: Jack Steiner <steiner_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2003-07-03 23:27:36

> Is there a way of reliably creating an MCA on a white box Itanium 1?
> B3 processors, firmware is B117A.  Failing that, what about creating an
> MCA on a white box Itanium-2?

> ia64_mca_ucmc_handler in mca.c.  A working example using
> PAL_CACHE_WRITE would be nice.

Why doesnt loading a duplicate TR (not TC) work for you?  I've used that
method and found it to be reliable.

Another way that is reliable (at least on our hardware) is to do a
load from a non-existent region 6 or 7 address. The failure modes are
different between region 6 & 7, but they both reliably produce MCAs.

--
Thanks

Jack Steiner    (651-683-5302)   (vnet 233-5302)      steiner@sgi.com