Re: [Linux-ia64] RTC support on ia64

From: Eric Piel <Eric.Piel_at_Bull.Net>
Date: 2003-07-01 22:15:02
"Zhu, Yi" wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>
> Do you have the ia64 rtc patch for 2.4 kernel? I need the rtc
> driver to test the latency with realfeel.

Hello Yi,
Joel was a trainee, so he's not here anymore and I'm the new one.

We do not have any 2.4 version but the backport shouldn't be hard. When
Joel did this patch it was also in order to get realfeel working.
The point is that it seems on ia64 measuring latencies using the perfmon
capabilities of the processor is a much better idea.

Peter Chubb even developed a small realfeel equivalent that does exactly
that! It should work both on 2.4 and 2.5 kernels. You can find it on the
perfmon homepage and at this address:
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/patches/realfeel4.c

Cheers
Eric