Re: [Linux-ia64] run time code generation for IA-64

From: CH Gowri Kumar <gkumar_at_csa.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: 2003-05-28 04:47:42
Hi David,
> Where do you have R4 and R5 before using them?
Did you mean to say that I have to save R4 and R5 before using them?

>Using local (stacked)
>registers instead might be a better choice here.
This is what exactly I came up with finally and it seems to be working
fine for now.

Just wondering why isn't there a standard calling convention on IA-64.
Something of this sort(if at all to be saved):
	rp has to be saved in loc0
	sp has to be saved in loc1
	gp has to be saved in loc2

(Or I didn't read the manuals properly?)

Regards,
Gowri Kumar