RE: [Linux-ia64] SAL error record logging/decoding

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2003-05-22 06:48:09
> I'd like to make some sort of forward progress on this issue
> before releasing a 2.4.21 ia64 patch.  By default this will
> be to apply the original patch I posted on May 7.

A coding nit ...

The #ifdef CONFIG_SMP in the read/write functions seems a little
convoluted, resulting in the weird can't ever happen error message
for the non-SMP case that is trying to read/write from the wrong
cpu.  Why not write each in the form:

#ifdef CONFIG_SMP
        if (cpu == smp_processor_id())
                salinfo_log_read_cpu(&info);
        else
                smp_call_function_single(cpu, salinfo_log_read_cpu, &info, 0, 1);
#else
        salinfo_log_read_cpu(&info);
#endif

-Tony