[Linux-ia64] Re: web page on O(1) scheduler

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-05-22 03:56:19

  Mike> The page mentions persistent starvation.  My own explorations
  Mike> of this issue indicate that the primary source is always
  Mike> selecting the highest priority queue.

My working assumption is that the problem is a bug with the dynamic
prioritization.  The task receiving the signals calls sleep() after
handling a signal and hence it's dynamic priority should end up higher
than the priority of the task sending signals (since the sender never
relinquishes the CPU voluntarily).

However, I haven't actually had time to look at the relevant code, so
I may be missing something.  If you understand the issue better,
please explain to me why this isn't a dynamic priority issue.

	--david