Re: [Linux-ia64] runtime platform detection in GENERIC kernels

From: Alex Williamson <alex_williamson_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-05-17 05:35:52
Martin Hicks wrote:
> Here is the next iteration, based on your suggestions.  It also caches
> the result of the first acpi_get_sysname() call, since this really
> shouldn't change while the machine is running.

Martin,

   Everything is already in place to make this much easier.
I was thinking something more like this:

#define ia64_platform_is(x) (strcmp(x,platform_name) == 0)

The name is stored in the machvec, so you don't need to cache
it anywhere else.

	Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Linux & Open Source Lab