[Linux-ia64] Re: 64 Bits DMA Addresses for Alloc Consistent Interfaces.

From: Grant Grundler <iod00d_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-05-16 11:51:12
On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 06:32:31PM -0500, Colin Ngam wrote:
> I do not understand what you are saying .. how would a consistent_dma_mask
> attribute in the device struct helps pci_alloc_consistent() to return a dma
> hanlde that can have the Upper 32 Bits Non 0's...

Colin,
davem has offered a counter proposal that makes way more sense
that adding parameters to the dma_*() API. It won't change existing
code or existing behaviors. And yes, Documentation/DMA_mapping.txt
(API documentation) has to change to reflect that.

Device Drivers SGI cares about will have to be modified to call
pci_set_consistent_dma_mask() before calling pci_alloc_consistent().

hth,
grant