[Linux-ia64] Itanium 2 flaw detection

From: Bruno Cornec <Bruno.Cornec_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-05-15 18:37:40
Hello,

Concerning the recent problem announced by Intel on some I2 chips, do anyone
of you have a pointer to a script/C Code/whatever code which could give a
clear answer for the processor on which we are running ?
(I didn't had customer requests up yo now, but I prefer to be early :-)

Would it be also possible to include it in the result of /proc/cpuinfo as
it was done for pentium processor bugs some time ago:

[bruno@morley ~/Download]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
[...]
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
[...]

Of course in case of answer for point 1, I could try to propose a patch for
point 2 (even if I never made kernel patches up to now).

TIA for any feedback,
Bruno.
--
Linux Solution Consultant         TÚl: +33 476 143 278 - Fax: +33 476 146 105
HP/Intel Solution Center http://hpintelco.net Hewlett-Packard Grenoble/France