[Linux-ia64] bk tree at http://lia64.bkbits.net:8080/linux-ia64-2.5

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-05-15 13:17:35
For those of you eager to try the bk tree: now might be a good time to
try it out.  The current tree Works For Me.

Jes, I applied the gettimeoffset patch, but also consolidated it with
the last_nsec_offset.  It didn't make sense to me to have both of them
in the generic kernel, when they were basically doing the same thing.
I compensated for this change by having the SN2 update/reset_wall_time
hooks call the generic ia64 hooks first.  You may want to retest to
make sure it all works as expected.

Oh, I also measured the effect of the additional sal_platform_features
check in the fast gettimeofday(): the cold cache case is definitely a
bit slower and more variable (as you'd expect), but the warm cache
case continues to run at 130 cycles, which is nice.

	--david