Re: [Linux-ia64] Parallel make

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-05-15 11:10:51

  Eric> Don't wait, do it now:
  Eric> make prepare
  Eric> make -j4 compressed

  Martin> (Advertorial): Now you've got make -j4, you should try ccache and
  Martin> distcc.  They make development on big trees enormously more
  Martin> enjoyable.  Andrew Morton and other kernel developers love them.

  Martin> http://distcc.samba.org/
  Martin> http://ccache.samba.org/

Actually, Stephane setup distcc here.  Unfortunately it doesn't help
me all that much, because linking is what takes a large part of my
time (because I'm making incremental changes and because I insist on
compiling with -g).

I have to say though I was very impressed with how easy to use distcc
is.  Nice job!

(BTW: still waiting for someone to tell me I need a 64-way SuperDome
to get my kernel compiles done... ;-)

	--david