RE: [Linux-ia64] keyboard problems with post 2.4.17 kernels on proliant dl590 (itanium)

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2003-05-15 02:34:31
> I've been having difficulty compiling a kernel that provides a working
> keyboard from sources newer than 2.4.17 - is this a known problem
> (google sheds no light on things)? I can't see anything in dmesg to
> suggest an error but as soon as elilo hands loads the kernel, I lose
> the ability to input anything through the keyboard.
>
> This is with vanilla kernel sources (2.4.18, 2.4.19 and 2.4.20) +
> official ia64 patches and with debian kernel sources.

USB or PS/2 keyboard?

On PS/2 ... I've had problems on various versions of Linux on my
BigSur where the keyboard doesn't work.  Unplugging and re-plugging
the keyboard (and then typing a few characters) always seems to
unjam it.

On USB ... I often fail to get all the config options right to enable
the keyboard ... but that's a personal problem.

-Tony