[Linux-ia64] Re: 2.5.69 process.c: cpu_idle() cleanup

From: Jes Sorensen <jes_at_wildopensource.com>
Date: 2003-05-13 12:09:17
>>>>> "David" == David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com> writes:

David> OK, I can probably live with that argument.  However, let's
David> make it a platform vector then (which I was opposed to back
David> when) and make it a single function (e.g., "mark_idle"), which
David> takes an "idleness" argument.

Hi David,

It was actually a deliberate decision of mine to not make it a machine
vector, because this was meant to be an optional feature. With a
machine vector one always ends up calling a dummy function on
platforms that do not wish to do anything here.

I'll be happy to change it over to a machine vector if you still
prefer, let me know.

Cheers,
Jes