[Linux-ia64] as & .restore sp directive

From: Ronald Veldema <veldema_at_cs.fau.de>
Date: 2003-05-12 03:50:17
Hi all,
    my java compiler now compiles quite a bit of java.*
and so Am looking at the unwind info that I need to emit.
I now have a problem with the .restore directive.
It looks like I can only emit it once or as dies.

Given:

if (condition) {
    ...;
    return;
} else {
    ...;
    return;
}

I emit two function trailers (restoring b0, resetting sp, etc.)
and in doing so I also emit two ".restore sp" directives
and as dies with:

out.s: Assembler messages:
out.s:79: Error: Epilogue count of 4294967296 exceeds number of nested
prologues (0)

Adding two .prologue statements or two ".restore sp, 1"
won't work. Any ideas ?

R.