Re: [Linux-ia64] Building IA-64 toolchain

From: Jim Wilson <wilson_at_tuliptree.org>
Date: 2003-05-08 01:20:46
On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 13:40, navin wrote:
> 	I even tried copying the nue ia64-hp-something headers files and
> giving gcc the option with --header to that directory but it messed up as
> i previously mentioned

You never said how this failed.  Your previous message was about a build
using the non-existent --without-header configure option.  Since I don't
know what error you got when you used --with-headers, I can't help you.

> The problem is that building an alpha target is easy .But when i apply
> the same rules to ia64 it breaks.GCC breaks.

Why does this not work for IA-64?  A build procedure that works for
alpha-linux should also work for ia64-linux.

Jim