Re: [Linux-ia64] Building IA-64 toolchain

From: navin <navin_at_students.iiit.net>
Date: 2003-05-08 03:40:58
On Wed, 7 May 2003, David Mosberger wrote:

>  navin> Also from some of the previous posts i found that if i am
>  navin> building on a pentium or some other machine there is a trick
>  navin> involved.Andreas Jaegar told me that i had to install-headers
>  navin> before compiling the bootstrap gcc.He said to contact you
>  navin> guys as i don't have the headers for ia64.I have the sources
>  navin> for kernel which contain asm-ia64 and glibc-2.3.I don't know
>  navin> how to avoid the error.
>
>Have you tried NUE?  It's available here:
>
>  http://www.software.hp.com/products/LIA64/overview2a.htm

Yeah i have tried NUE.It is good and gcc is 2.95 something and glibc
2.0.
	I even tried copying the nue ia64-hp-something headers files and
giving gcc the option with --header to that directory but it messed up as
i previously mentioned

I don't know what the error is.Can you tell me where i can find the docs
or how do i build the parallel glibc and gcc . It is nasty but it works.
I saw this on earlier lists other ports but hardly found the procedure.

The problem is that building an alpha target is easy .But when i apply
the same rules to ia64 it breaks.GCC breaks.