RE: [Linux-ia64] Problems installing Red Hat AS 2.1 on Itanium

From: MEYER,ALAN C. (HP-FtCollins,ex1) <alan.meyer_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-03-29 03:27:42
Is this is an Itanium 1 (Merced) system?  I know that RH 7.2 for IPF works
on many Merced systems, but it does not work on many Itanium II (McKinley)
systems, such as HP's.

Likewise, AS 2.1 for IPF was not tested (or supported) on Itanium 1 systems,
only Itanium II.

I know this doesn't address your specific question, but mainly fyi that you
are in caveat emptor territory.

Alan