Re: [Linux-ia64] [patch] 2.4.20-ia64-021210 new spinlock code

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-03-28 12:45:27
>>>>> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:39:14 +1100, Keith Owens <kaos@sgi.com> said:

  Keith> Acceptable?

No.  Look, I have been spending lots of time tracking down and
squashing unwind bugs over the last year or so.  I'm simply not going
to accept any new code that knowingly violates unwind conventions.
Period.

I'm willing to accept your patch _after_ the issue has been brought up
with the ABI committee and there is a concensus that something needs
to be done about it.  This shouldn't take more than a couple of days
or, at most, weeks.  Plenty of time to get it resolved before 2.6
materializes.

	--david