[Linux-ia64] Re: POSIX timers interface for IA64

From: george anzinger <george_at_mvista.com>
Date: 2003-03-19 10:21:57
David Mosberger wrote:

>   Eric> Hello, Here is a patch to have the POSIX timer interface
>   Eric> completly integrated in ia64 (2.5.64). The programs in
>   Eric> userland can now access the siginfo structure. With that patch
>   Eric> the test programs of the high resolution timers pass without
>   Eric> error but one which seems to also be triggered on ix86:
>   Eric> nanosleeps too short.

When we get the cascade stuff fixed :), we can address this issue.  On
the ix86 the too short sleep is caused by adding less than 1/HZ to the
wall clock each timer interrupt.  You might want to see what value
your platform adds.  I intend to address this soon, but will need to
check with the community about the correct fix.

As it now stands, CLOCK_MONOTONIC ticks at a different rate than
CLOCK_REALTIME.  What to do, Oh what to do...

-g