Re: [Linux-ia64] How to set/reset gp pointer : info needed

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-03-15 06:41:57

  Raj> I will check the source of this tool/module......  But,
  Raj> curious: You mean, one can not legally add a new syscall or
  Raj> hook?

I don't want to appear to be giving legal advise, so I'd recommend to
consult with your legal counsel to get a definite answer (or you can
ask for opinions on the lkml; preferably _after_ donning an asbestos
suit).

BTW: dynamically installing syscalls/hooks is a bad idea even for Open
Source modules.  It's just not a safe thing to do.  If you need a
syscall, argue why it's needed and why it's a good idea and if the
kernel developers concur, there will be no problem getting it
added/reserved.

	--david