Re: [Linux-ia64] How to set/reset gp pointer : info needed

From: Raj Patil <rpatil0296_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2003-03-15 04:56:12
I will check the source of this tool/module......
But, curious: You mean, one can not legally add a new syscall or hook?
This process as such does not use/modify the kernel source....
Regards,
Raj.
 David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com> wrote: >>>>> On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:08:51 -0800 (PST), Raj Patil said:

Raj> Reason: I am just trying to port an utility to ia64 based Linux
Raj> platform from x86 platform. It adds an entry to syscall table
Raj> to point to a function in a module. It is like adding a new
Raj> temp syscall for a small duration.

Is the module open-source? If not, you run the risk of violating the
kernel's GPL license (binary-only modules are OK but only as long as
they use "standard" kernel interfaces; planting a syscall-hook goes
beyond that).