[Linux-ia64] Re: ia64_spinlock_contention and NEW_LOCK

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-03-14 09:26:28

  Keith> I am not touching the real ar.pfs, precisely to avoid
  Keith> changing leaf routines.  Setting r29 to 0 and .save ar.pfs,
  Keith> r29 in ia64_unwind_contention will fool the unwind code into
  Keith> doing the unwind correctly but without changing the state of
  Keith> the routine using spin_lock().

Ah, sorry, I didn't read your mail carefully enough.  Hmmh, not
exactly a pretty solution, but I don't see anything obviously wrong
with it either.  With libunwind, you could in fact say

	.save ar.pfs,r0

but I don't remember whether this would work with the kernel unwinder
(if it doesn't, it would be easy to fix though).

	--david