Re: [Linux-ia64] 2.4.20 / DIG

From: Alex Williamson <alex_williamson_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-03-12 09:58:02
Jes Sorensen wrote:

> >>  Must admit I didn't - are those preserved across a power cycle?
>
> Bjorn> They should be.  Of course, it will only make sense if you still
> Bjorn> have symbols from the kernel that caused the MCA.
>
> Urgh, brown paper bag time ... I was running a very old version of EFI
> on it (103B). Upgrading to 117C made the problem go away, the proper way.
>
> Doh ;-( sorry for the noise.

   Ah, this is probably a good thing to point out.  I was helping
someone debug a similar issue last week.  They were kind enough
to trace it to the CPE polling.  They also upgraded firmware and
the problem went away.  Apparently SAL_GET_STATE_INFO(CPE) doesn't
work on any 103 flavors of Itanium firmware.  I don't know when it
was fixed, but I think we're in consensus that fw 117 works.

	Alex

--
Alex Williamson                                  Linux Development Lab
alex_williamson@hp.com                                 Hewlett Packard